STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE
FOR: Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Gym. A’ (RC) Gym. B’ (LR) Lyk. A’ (RH) Lyk. B’ (EP)
TO GYMNASIUM ASSEMBLIES ONLY
- Attention first formers: The First Form Community and Service Club will meet today at the start of the big break in Raphael Hall for the showing of a film. Attendance is mandatory.
- The Deutscher Fit 1 Club will have its first meeting today during the big break in New Room 8 with Ms. Papatheochari.
TO LYKEION AND IB ASSEMBLIES ONLY
- HMCE Madrid delegates have to meet with their advisor today at 1:15 in Macedonia 218.
- Representatives from four London universities: University College London (UCL), Imperial College, the London School of Economics (LSE) and King's College will visit Anatolia today. A presentation followed by a question and answer session will be held at 1:10 in the Compton Building assembly room. All students interested in applying to these British Universities for either 2015 or 2016 should attend.
- French MUN participants who didn’t attend the last club session and who didn’t receive the documents that need to be completed for the trip should ask for them at the Student Services Office. Every participant should bring the necessary documents back by tomorrow.
- Boys’ Basketball will meet Thursday with Mr. Kapnias in the B’ Side Gym during the big break.
- Any student wishing to attend an informative presentation on study opportunities in German and English-speaking programs in Germany in the beginning of November should sign up either in Compton Hall, in the European University Applications Office, or inform their respective deans by Thursday.
- The French Institute of Thessaloniki is hosting representatives of universities of Fine Arts this Thursday from 3:00 to 5:30pm. The National Schools of Fine Arts of Nimes and Limoges, as well as other specialized schools covering a wide range of bachelor’s degrees in graphic design, cinema, audiovisual, fashion design, and interior design, will be there to inform students about study opportunities in France.
- The International Relations Mentorship Program is underway! If you are interested in visiting foreign consulates in Thessaloniki please visit the US College Counseling Office this week for more information and to pick up an application. Applications are due Wednesday, October 29th.
- This weekend Anatolia students represented the Russian Federation and DR Congo at the DSA MUN. Vicky Alexiou and Anastasia Lalioti received honorable mentions, and Ifigenia Moumtzi, the Russian delegate in the Security Council, was voted best delegate and most active. Congratulations to all.
TO ALL SCHOOLS
- The final duet acting workshop will be taking place tomorrow at 1:15 in Pappas Hall. Auditions will run next week from Wednesday, October 29th to Friday, October 31st in Macedonia 213. To participate, sign up on the sheet to be posted as of Wednesday on the Macedonia Hall bulletin board. If you fail to sign up, you will not be considered for a coach and piece.
- Students interested in participating in Dramatic or Comic Oral Interpretation should come to an informational meeting tomorrow at 1:15 in Macedonia 308.
- After-school RobotixLab workshops start on Thursday. Students who have signed up should be in the Kyrides Computer Lab at 3:30.
- Attention 3-6 formers: ACSTAC will be in November 2015 which means you now have more time to prepare your papers with advisors which will be due March 8th. ACSTAC Bio meets Tues; ACSTAC Exhibitions, Tues; ACSTAC Physics, Wed; ACSTAC Chemistry, Fri; ACSTAC Humanities, Fri.
The following clubs will meet today during the big break:
- Deutscher Club (3) NR 8: Ms. Goula
- First Form Community & Service (1) Raphael Hall
- ACSTAC Bio (3-5) NR 1: Ms. Adam
- ACSTAC Exhibitions (3-6) Mac 227: Ms. Tsaousidou
- Oratory (3-6) Mac 308: Ms. Harlow
- Tennis (Beginner) (1-6) Tennis Courts: Ms. Boubaki
- Yearbook (2-6) Lyk - Mac 304, Gym - NR 8